Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is looking for ambitious, detail-oriented mid-level Health and Safety Consultants in Atlanta, Ga, Charlotte, NC, Boston, MA or New York City.
This position will support clients with the management and implementation of their Health and Safety programs. We desire an experienced candidate with demonstrated skillsets in areas such as: OHSMS Management Systems (ISO 45001), Written Program Development, Ergonomics, Training, and/or Industrial Hygiene, Process Safety Management, Machine Guarding, Laser Safety, Fall Protection, and Industrial Hygiene. Candidates with industry experience in the following industries are desired: Technology Pharmaceutical, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Bio-tech, and/or Manufacturing. Candidates with Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certifications are a strong plus. In addition, strong organizational skills, as well as exemplary written and verbal communication skills are a must. Click to apply
The position is full-time with up to 30% travel anticipated.
Typical job assignments may include but are not limited to:
- Developing, writing, and implementation of health, safety, and environmental programs and procedures for a wide variety of industries; including manufacturing, technology, food & beverage, chemical, bio-pharma, oil & gas, and chemical.
- Prepare and review corporate and site-specific written programs, JHAs, PPE assessments, and other health and safety program elements.
- Conducting and/or reviewing industrial hygiene assessments for chemical and noise exposures; experience establishing an IH sampling program is a plus.
- Conducting health and safety auditing at client locations; requires an understanding of OSHA and EPA regulations and how they are applied within organizations.
- Experience with Process Safety Management regulations and auditing a plus
- Developing and presenting Health & Safety training modules. Experience with e-learning development would be beneficial.
- Experience developing and implementing EHS management systems such as OSHA VPP, OSHAS 18001 (ISO 45001), and ISO 14001 is desired.
- Performing ergonomic evaluations for job tasks. Experience with industrial ergonomics is a plus.
- Prepare proposals, project cost estimates and technical marketing materials.
- Participate in technical societies and organizations such as AIHA, NSC, and ASSP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety, Industrial Engineering, Ergonomics, or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience working with organizational health & safety.
- Must have a deep understanding of OSHA regulations and their applicability. Further understanding of NFPA, DOT, EPA, and/or international health & safety regulations is a plus.
- The ideal candidate will have experience working in industry or consulting to manufacturing firms, pharmaceutical, oil & gas, or other general industry companies.
- ASP, CSP, CIH, or ARM certification OR 7+ years of industry experience is preferred.
- Experience with Process Safety Management regulations and auditing a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing EHS management systems such as OSHA VPP, ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 is desired.
- Able to work independently with an attention to details and manage multiple clients and projects.
- Must have a strong desire to talk with, influence, lead a team, and directly interface with multiple clients and stakeholders. Additionally, must be able to take direction and coaching from both clients and team members.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Compliance with any client requirements, including but not limited to COVID-19 vaccine mandates
- Potential employees must pass a company-paid physical examination, drug-screen and have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Antea®Group focuses on safety in all aspects of our operations, in the field, the office, and while traveling. The successful candidate must likewise consider safety as paramount and demonstrate a commitment to safety in all aspects of the job.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment – Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may include the following:
- Sedentary to light work (typical office or administrative work)
- Frequently required to stand, sit and walk for extended periods of time
- Occasional lifting and carrying of low (under 25lbs) to moderate (25-49lbs) weight objects
- Repetitive motions: substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers (including reaching)
- Subject to inside environmental conditions (protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change)
- Operation of a motor vehicle
Additionally, if you are assigned work in the field at client project sites you will need to complete a medical surveillance/fitness-for-duty examination and maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities which may include the following:
- Medium to heavy work
- Subject to outside environmental conditions: heat/cold, wind, wet and/or humid, etc.
- Occasional stooping (bending body downward and forward), kneeling (bending legs at knee), crouching (bending body downward and forward) and climbing
- Frequent lifting (including push/pull, hold/carry) of light, moderate and possibly heavy weight objects
- Subject to hazards, including a variety of physical conditions, including but not limited to: proximity to moving vehicles, parts or equipment; exposure to chemicals; pressure (including noise); electrical hazards; biological hazards; excavation/trenching; confined spaces; elevated work; materials handling
- May be required to wear an air purifying respirator
Antea Group offers excellent benefits to its full-time and part-time employees including, but not limited to: medical, dental, and vision plans; 401(k); disability; life insurance; paid time off; and a comprehensive wellness program.
Antea USA, Inc. (Antea®Group) is an EEO/AA Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity and other protected categories
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
NO VISA SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME