TRC Companies, Inc. a pioneer in ground-breaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is an engineering consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
Our Environmental Sector delivers comprehensive environmental solutions to meet the full project lifecycle needs of clients in renewable energy, oil & gas, transportation, and manufacturing industries. With one of the largest multimedia air and land permitting and compliance teams in the country, we support client success in manufacturing and industry, liquids delivery and processing, natural gas storage and delivery, power generation and delivery, and transportation projects.
TRC is seeking a Senior Health and Safety Specialist/Project Manager to join our growing Engineering and Remediation Practice in Greenville, South Carolina. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual and is a results-oriented leader who works with stakeholders to understand project needs and manages teams to deliver services to meet those requirements. The position focuses on a candidate with the ability to work independently or in a project team with demonstrated excellence in written and oral communications, presentations, analytical, professional judgment, and team building skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
- Participating in a variety of safety-focused project work in the due diligence and compliance fields across a variety of industries.
- Conducting health and safety audits and inspections related to OSHA and ISO requirements.
- Conducting safety and industrial hygiene risk assessments.
- Developing written safety programs.
- Developing occupational safety and health management systems.
- Providing compliance and regulatory support for existing and new clients.
- Directing, managing, and monitoring multiple project budgets, scopes, and schedules for regulatory submittals and other consulting documents.
- Reviewing RFPs/RFQs and preparing proposals and statement of qualifications.
- Reviewing existing programs for applicability, conformity with rules and site compliance.
- Coordinating staffing, tasks and executing deliverables.
- Interfacing with clients and work with client service managers and account leads in securing and growing new and repeat business.
- Managing time effectively and balancing multiple fast-paced project assignments.
- Analyzing and forecasting project revenue, margins, and profitability.
- Performing technical reviews and mentoring junior staff.
- Abide by Company policies and procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in in safety, industrial hygiene, environmental, science or engineering related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum 10-15 years of safety, auditing, program development, and industrial hygiene.
- Health & Safety compliance auditing experience.
- Previous experience performing HSE compliance work in industrial settings.
- Experience with PSM / RMP and/or Pipeline Safety program development and auditing a plus
- OSHA 40 hr. HAZWOPER certification.
- Understand standards, regulations, and guidance that apply to health and safety due diligence and/or compliance projects and perform regulatory program file reviews.
- Work with client service managers and account leads in securing and growing new and repeat business.
- Prioritize safety and have working knowledge of industry health and safety practices.
- Ability to climb ladders, scaffolding, and stairs.
- Be able to wear a respirator, safety harness and other safety equipment as needed.
- Ability to make decisions and perform as an independent thinker and leader, but also collaborate with project team personnel.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen and OSHA physical.
TRC is an equal opportunity employer: disability/veteran. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.trccompanies.com/.