Sentry Insurance Safety Services Consultant Sr. National Accounts
Sentry’s dedication to customer service is embodied by our best employees. At Sentry, our associates take care of our customers with a passion for service and delivering business results. We are currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated and results driven individual to fill an open position in our National Accounts Safety Services Division. As a Safety Services Consultant Senior you will work with Corporate Risk Management, Safety Management, and Plant/Facility Management contacts as well as brokerage firms in NC, VA, WV, MD, DE coordinating Safety and Industrial Hygiene Services for our causality line of business for our National Account customers (large deductible programs with insurance premium in excess of $500,000).
What You’ll Do
The following are some of the responsibilities of the National Account Safety Services Consultant Senior that would be located in the Greensboro, NC or Richmond, VA area with travel responsibilities in North Carolina, West Virginia, Virginia, Delaware, and Maryland.
- Design, develop and manage Service Plans for large, multi-location National Accounts and coordinate service activities (casualty services) with other National Account consultants/staff specialists.
- Plan and deliver Safety/Risk Management services to our National Account customers to include Safety Program Assessments/Gap Analysis, Leadership Training, Program Development, Loss Analysis & Benchmarking and assistance in Safety Culture Development.
- Develop, coordinate, and conduct safety training programs and seminars for insured and non-insured customers to educate management and elevate their understanding and awareness of safety, OSHA, loss potential and injury reduction techniques.
- Maintain proficient knowledge in all aspects of Safety Management Practices and demonstrate technical expertise in specialty area(s) such as Ergonomics, Behavior Based Safety, Accident Investigation Principles & Root Cause Analysis, Safety Culture Development, Metric Development, OSHA Compliance, Fleet Safety, and Product Liability.
- Provide supplemental Industrial Hygiene Services to include noise and air quality surveys (i.e. welding fumes, dust, organics, oil mist, IAQ, etc.) to support our Industrial Hygiene team and provide ongoing customer support on a National Account level.
- The National Account Safety Services Consultant Sr. enhances the client’s technical knowledge and expertise through professional seminars and topic research as advances occur.
What It Takes
- Four-year degree within Safety Sciences is required
- A minimum of 5 plus years of advanced knowledge in safety/industrial hygiene with a National Property & Casualty Insurance Carrier preferred
- Preferred experience in coordinating and servicing large or multi-location National Accounts
- Knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, NFPA Standards
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or willingness to pursue is desired
- An acceptable motor vehicle record and ability to perform extensive travel is required (70% travel)
What You’ll Receive
Sentry’s excellent benefits package is designed to meet today’s most important needs. Benefits for full-time Sentry Insurance employees include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- 401 (K) plan with a dollar-for-dollar match on your first eight percent – immediate vesting
- Comprehensive paid training
- Generous Paid-Time Off Plan
- Pretax Dependent Care and Health Expense Reimbursement Accounts
How You’ll Apply
Sentry Insurance has an online employment application. In order to complete it, you need to apply for a specific position. We ask that you apply for one position at a time with us; so if you are interested in several positions, please determine the position in which you are most interested and apply for that position first. If you are not selected for your first choice, we invite you to apply for the next job in which you are interested.
If this is the first time you have applied for a position at Sentry, you will be asked to register. Returning applicants will only need to provide their email address and password.
Who You’ll Want to Contac:
Kaitlyn Ford firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Sentry Insurance
Sentry employees have been helping individuals and businesses build and protect their futures since 1904. Because of the trust placed in us, Sentry is one of the largest and strongest mutual insurance companies in the United States, and is rated A+ by A.M. Best, the industry’s leading rating authority. Sentry offers a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes.
Sentry Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer