The ASSP Chapter SPY award is an honor acknowledging the dedication and outstanding contributions of a member to a specific Chapter.
1. Demonstrated technical expertise in the broad field of safety and a thorough knowledge of the operational aspects of his/her safety employment.
2. Demonstrated outstanding contributions to the, Chapter or Section, activities, including committee or task force chair, officer, services to members, lecturer at seminars, etc.
3. Leadership in establishment, maintenance, and improvement of technical or Chapter programs in the organization nominee serves or elsewhere.
4. Other personal achievements related to safety and health.
5. Professional contributions to advance the safety profession, such as fostering professional development, public/community services, instructor at educational institutions, involvement in codes and legislation, articles written, work with allied groups, etc.
6. Awards and innovations, including citations, honors, plaques; or new procedures or systems developed.
7. Endorsements by superiors and verification by associates, in the form of letters on appropriate stationery of the employer, Area Director, where applicable and Regional Vice President.
All nominations must be submitted to the chapter by February 1st of the chapter year.
To download the Chapter SPY nomination package click here.
To download the Regional SPY nomination package click here.
Past SPY Recipients
2020-2021 Greg Santo
2019-2020 Jason Sisk, ASP, CHST
2018-2019 Jennifer Law
2017-2018 Kulema McCoy
2016-2017 Ted Wilburn
2015-2016 Dan Collins
2014-2015 Julian Mercer (Region VI SPY)
2013-2014 Kevin Earp
2002-2003 Fred Freiberger
2001-2002 Jeff Noel